Netlok was founded on the belief that everyone has confidential information or something they value that they wish to keep private and secure. Today privacy also extends to the way in which we operate online. From private communications to the sharing of confidential documents and data, end users want their service providers to protect their activities from unauthorized access.
Netlok’s premiere product Photolok® addresses the need for online privacy and security by providing an ultra-secure login process using photos not passwords or biometrics. Photolok works with the following advantages:
1. Emotional Connection: people love photos and hate passwords. The brain remembers photos as one element, whereas the brain has to remember each character as an element in a password, which is very difficult given today’s trend to increase the number of characters in and rules for a password.
2. Ease of use is driven by photos that are easy to remember, select, and replace.
3. Online convenience — Photolok is web-based and usable with smart phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop devices;
4. Ultra-secure login authentication:
- Accounts are protected against vertical and horizontal penetrations.
- High entropy (randomization) prevents AL and ML tools from discovering patterns for attacks.
- BOTs are defeated because BOTs are not designed to attack steganographic photos.
- Patented steganography method makes it virtually impossible to detect the random embedded code in individual photos.
- Randomizing photos prevents keylogging.
- Labeling photos for situational security separates Photolok from competitive technologies.
- Single-use photos prevent shoulder surfing.
- Duress photos provide a silent alarm to protect data and the end user.
With Photolok, the end user becomes the first barrier in preventing unauthorized online access because it makes login simple.