Netlok was founded on the belief that everyone desires privacy and wants their confidential information and data to be protected from external and internal attacks. To address these concerns and help online users to contribute to their own security, Netlok created Photolok® that uses photos instead of passwords and/or passphrases. By using proprietary-coded photos, the login process is simplified, there is no language barrier, and the point and click navigation is easy to use.
Photolok is an identity provider and authentication server in the cloud, which has the following advantages:
- Simple: Photos are easy to remember, select, and replace and there are no password rules; just label a photo for a specific use.
- Ease of use: Photolok’s point and click navigation reduces friction by minimizing typing errors, which is a major source of user error.
- Online convenience: Photolok is web-based and usable with smart phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
- Robust security for online identity and authentication:
- Combining Photolok’s patented steganography photos with photo randomization hides the attack points from a bad actor, which protects against BOTS, phishing, ransomware, keylogging, shoulder surfing, thermal camera, and man in the middle attacks.
- Photolok’s innovative architecture protects against horizontal penetrations.
- Labeling photos for situational security separates Photolok from competitive technologies.
- Single-use photos prevent shoulder surfing and provides remote workers with robust entry security.
- Duress photos work like a silent alarm to protect and alert IT and security personnel of a compromised user account.
- Netlok uses Photolok as a Passwordless IdP for Okta Workforce.
With Photolok, the end user becomes a stronger firewall in preventing unauthorized external and internal attacks.